Westboro Baptist Church Hate Group Cheers on Oil Rig Explosion in Louisiana
The “Westboro Baptist Church,” listed as a “hate group” by the Southern Poverty Law Center, today cheered on the explosion of an oil rig in Louisiana off the Gulf of Mexico on the “Westboro Baptist Church” (WBC) blog “GodSmack.”
The oil rig explosion on Tuesday, April 20, 2010, reportedly left 17 injured (7 critically injured). Updated reports have stated that the U.S. Coast Guard has suspended the search for 11 missing employees; the missing workers are presumed to be dead. The Westboro Baptist Church hate group replied “THANK GOD FOR REMINDING BADASS DOOMED america THAT GOD IS IN CHARGE! God hid the bodies! You can’t worship them!”
After the tragic accident, the Westboro Baptist Church hate group, however, cheered the accident, stating on their blog that:
– “THANK GOD OIL RIG EXPLODED IN GULF OF MEXICO – 12 MISSING; 15 INJURED!”
– “The oil rigs of Louisiana are filthy, especially the conduct of the brutes on board. At their hand the SCOTUS had to address same-sex sexual harassment. Voodoo+doomed-america’s-’Christianity’=wallowing overpaid thugs drilling oil for your slovenly lifestyle.”
– “Tuesday (4/20) an oil rig explosion left 12 missing and 15 seriously injured. The US Coast Guard is on the scene with cutters and rescue planes. Your Coast Guard efforts are in vain! GodSmack!”
The Westboro Baptist Church hate group followed this with another posting that stated:
– “THANK GOD FOR EXPLODING OIL RIG, ADUMBRATING THE END OF THIS REBELLIOUS NATION!”
– “We fervently pray for more human projectile.”
This is another in a pattern of calls by the Westboro Baptist Church “hate group” praising injuries and violence against Americans.
On March 22, 2010, the Westboro Baptist Church “hate group” praised the shooting of a New York City police officer who was arresting an individual suspected of sexual assault of an elderly woman’s home health aide.
See also reports: