Virginia: “White Nationalist” Hate Group to Meet in Dulles Area – February 19 through 21
Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.) is continuing to track the planned “white nationalist” conference by the American Renaissance group scheduled for February 2010.
According to their web site, the “white nationalist” “hate group” American Renaissance is still reportedly planning to hold a conference somewhere in the Washington DC Virginia suburb near the Dulles airport on the weekend of February 19 through 21st. The American Renaissance group also goes by the name New Century Foundation. American Renaissance is apparently keeping the location of their planned conference a secret, fearing protests by those who would challenge their white supremacist views. Previous American Renaissance conferences have included former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke.
American Renaissance claims that they will hold their “9th biennial American Renaissance Conference, to be held February 19 through February 21 in Herndon, Virginia (near Washington, D.C.).” They changed the name of the location from the Dulles Marriott hotel to a “three-diamond hotel” in the Dulles Airport area, stating:
– “The conference will be at a three-diamond hotel very close to the airport, outside Washington, D.C. We will forward you contact information for the hotel after you have registered. Please be sure to ask for the special ‘New Century Foundation’ rate of $79.00 per night. There is no extra charge for double occupancy, so a spouse or friend can stay for free.”
In addition to their efforts to keep their conference location a secret, American Renaissance is also planning to provide pseudonyms for their attendees, stating “please call us if you would like to use a nom de guerre.” “White Nationalist” Jared Taylor is also promoting the upcoming American Renaissance event on VDARE.
In November, R.E.A.L. reported on our discussions with the Dulles Marriott, where conference manager Nancy Majuka (703-471-9500) informed us that while American Renaissance had planned to be at the Dulles Marriott that their event there had been canceled. We spoke to Nancy Majuka again today about this and she reiterated that the group was not holding a conference at the Dulles Marriott, either under their name “American Renaissance” or “New Century Foundation.” We then checked with the Dulles Marriott room reservation center to see if there was a special rate for room under either of those names. One reservation person we spoke with said they had no special rates under either of those group names, another one we spoke with seemed to believe that there had been an “American Renaissance” room rate at one point, but that it was nothing more than the routine weekend rate pricing available to anyone.
Washington Dulles Marriott
45020 Aviation Drive
Dulles, Virginia 20166 USA
Sales fax: 1-703-661-6785
Checking other “three-diamond hotels” in the area, R.E.A.L. has contacted the Dulles Crowne Plaza Hotel, Hilton Washington Dulles Airport, Hyatt Dulles, and Hyatt Fair Lakes hotels – all of which state that they have no reservations for either an American Renaissance or New Century Foundation conference.
Hilton Washington Dulles Airport
13869 Park Center Road, Herndon, Virginia, United States 20171
2300 Dulles Corner Blvd.,
Herndon, Virginia, USA 20171
– Sales and Catering Department
– Phone: 703-793-6880
– Fax: 703-793-6879
– E-mail: Salesdulle@hyatt.com
R.E.A.L. also contacted the Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel, Best Western Dulles Airport Inn, Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Intl Airport, and Executive Conference and Training Center facilities and hotels – none of which have plans for a conference held either by American Renaissance or New Century Foundation.
Sheraton Herndon Dulles Airport Hotel
13715 Sayward Boulevard
Herndon, Virginia 20171
Best Western Dulles Airport Inn
45440 Holiday Drive
Sterling, Virginia 20166
Holiday Inn Washington-Dulles Intl Airport
45425 Holiday Drive
Dulles, VA 20166
Hotel Front Desk: 1-703-471-7411
Hotel Fax: 1-703-834-7558
Executive Conference and Training Center
22685 Holiday Park Drive, Suite 60
Dulles, VA 20166
Both the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) and the Southern Poverty Law Center (SPLC) have background on the racist and white supremacist views of American Renaissance leader Jared Taylor. The SPLC describes both the American Renaissance and the New Century Foundation groups as “white nationalist” “hate groups.” Jared Taylor promotes racial segregation, and as ADL states, “promotes pseudoscientific studies that attempt to demonstrate the intellectual and cultural superiority of whites and publishes articles on the supposed decline of American society because of integrationist social policies.”
Jared Taylor’s New Century Foundation describes itself as “a 501(c)(3) organization founded in 1994 to study immigration and race relations so as to better understand the consequences of America’s increasing diversity. It sponsors publications and books, and holds occasional conferences.”
The Southern Poverty Law Center reports on the “New Century Foundation” and “American Renaissance” as follows:
– “Jared Taylor, the man who heads the New Century Foundation and edits its allied magazine American Renaissance, is a white supremacist who celebrates the “clear conception of the United States as a nation ruled by and for whites.” The foundation and magazine, based in Oakton, Va., tirelessly advance pseudo-scientific theories linking IQ to race and advocate eugenics — selective breeding to ‘improve’ human genetic stock.”
– “The foundation also puts on bi-annual conferences; the 2002 event was advertised like this: ‘In all parts of the world, whites are afraid to speak out in their own interests. The costs of ‘diversity,’ racial differences in IQ, the threat of non-white immigration — politicians and the media are afraid to discuss what these things mean for whites and their civilization.’ “
– “Taylor also has noted approvingly that until 1967, ‘strong opposition to mixed marriage was enshrined in law’ in 16 states. In ‘The Myth of Diversity,” Taylor writes that “diversity” has led to civil rights claims by all kinds of groups he doesn’t like. “Anyone who opposes the glorification of the alien, the subnormal, and the inferior can be denounced,’ he complains. ‘The metastasis of diversity is a fascinating story, but the disease began with race.’ “
– “After 300 pages of attacking blacks and dismissing white racism, Taylor’s 1992 book Paved With Good Intentions: The Failure of Race Relations in Contemporary America notes that most Americans would not agree to use sterilization or forced abortion on those whom the society considers less fit. His solution? Make ‘welfare mothers’ accept a ‘five-year implantable contraceptive.’ “
– “Taylor is allied with Wayne Lutton, whom he thanks in his book and who is the editor of The Social Contract, a journal published by John Tanton’s The Social Contract Press*. Taylor, Lutton and Richard Lynn are on the editorial board of The Occidental Quarterly, a journal where Sam Francis, top editor for the racist Council of Conservative Citizens*, serves as book review editor. The Occidental Quarterly’s first issue featured a story by the late Keith Stimely, who was also an editor of the Journal of Historical Review, a notorious Holocaust denial publication.”
White nationalist Jared Taylor, who is also promoted by VDARE, was a key speaker at the 2009 Council of Conservative Citizens (CofCC) national convention. (R.E.A.L. held a protest at a VDARE event in Baltimore, Maryland in October 2009, and at a VDARE event in McLean, Virginia in June 2009.) Jared Taylor has also blamed the 9/11 attacks on America as well, spreading hate after the 9/11 attacks stating “If we go to war, it will not be because we are the land of freedom and opportunity, but because we are the best friend and benefactor of Israel… If we fight Israel’s enemies, the United States will become like Israel: a garrison state and battleground.”
In addition to “white nationalist” Jared Taylor, other speakers scheduled to appear at the February 19-21 American Renaissance/New Century Foundation conference in Virginia include:
– Nick Griffin, leader of the racist British National Party, who has appeared at America white supremacist events, and has a history of Holocaust denial, calling the Holocaust the “Holohoax.” Griffin has been photographed with former KKK leader David Duke; the white supremacist event that Griffin was also attended by U.S. Holocaust Memorial Museum terrorist Von Brunn (praised by VDARE as “an intelligent man”). Nick Griffin also has praised the racial segregationist views of the Nation of Islam’s Louis Farrakhan.
– University of Delaware’s Raymond Wolters – author of “The Burden of Brown,” which argues against school desegregation ress whites, and who has told VDARE about his views of the natural IQ limitations of blacks.
– Wayne Lutton – who ADL states that “Lutton is a director on the board of the Charles Martel Society, which publishes the racist Occidental Quarterly (OQ) journal and the anti-Semitic Occidental Observer online magazine“
We support our unqualified, universal human rights for all. We urge white supremacist and “white nationalist” supporters to drop the burden of the hate of supremacism from their hearts, and to rejoin the family of humanity in support of our universal human rights.
On American Renaissance conferences: