At the July 19, 2009 Hizb ut-Tahrir America (HTA) conference in Oak Lawn, Illinois at the Oak Lawn Hilton, Responsible for Equality And Liberty (R.E.A.L.)’s Jeffrey Imm examined Hizb ut-Tahrir’s rejection of democracy.
HT’s manifesto rejects what they call “Democratic Capitalism,” which is how HTA managed to manipulate the public and the press into believing their July 19 Oak Lawn conference was merely about “economics,” by titling their conference “The Fall of Capitalism and the Rise of Islam.”
In fact, Imm addressed that HT is opposed not only to capitalism, but also to democracy itself. Referencing direct quotes from the HT’s manifesto (alternate link), Imm pointed out that HT states that:
– “the democratic system… is a Kufr [infidel] system” (page 25)
– rejects democracy because it “is the rule of people, for the people, by the people” (page 24)
– “Democratic Capitalism” … “is a Kufr ideology and its ideas are Kufr ideas, and its systems are Kufr systems, and they contradict Islam” (page 24)
– “freedom of belief, freedom of speech, freedom of ownership of capital and personal freedom”… “are in conflict with Islam” (page 24)
– “personal freedom does not exist in Islam” (page 24)
– “liberty and democracy, and the Capitalist and Socialist systems… totally contradict with” Islam (page 7)
– freedom of religion is denied by HT, whose manifesto states the “Muslim is not free in the matter of his belief because if he apostasizes from Islam, he is asked to return. If he does not, the punishment is death” (page 24)
December 20, 2009 – Lombard, Illinois – Hizb ut-Tahrir America once again speaks against democracy. Abu Baseer continued to attack democracy at the Lombard event, claiming that democracy was part of “British colonial law” designed to subjugate the Pakistan Muslim population, and stating that democracy is something “other than what Allah” demands, which will result in continued “injustices towards the people.”
March 2010 – United Kingdom: Hizb ut-Tahrir in the UK is now telling Muslims not to vote, but to reject democracy.